Development and Communications Coordinator
The St. John’s Status of Women Council/Women’s Centre is a feminist organization that, since 1972, is continually working to achieve equality and justice through political activism, community collaboration, and the creation of a safe and inclusive space for all women in the St. John’s area. We currently operate the Women’s Centre, Marguerite’s Place Supportive Housing and Safe Harbour Outreach Project.
This is a very exciting time for our organization, as we are actively growing our membership, programming, and outreach activities. To help achieve our goals, we need an energetic, creative thinker who is deeply passionate about feminism and equality to join our team as Development and Communications Coordinator.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, your role will have two interrelated parts: fund and organizational development, and communications management. This is a full time, one-year contract position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Fund and Organizational Development:
• Develop a fundraising plan for the organization with short and long-range goals
• Create new and imaginative fundraising activities and revenue streams
• Source and evaluate potential donors and foundations for funding opportunities
• Seek out grants and write proposals
• Develop revenue and expense reports for fundraisers and events
• Manage donor stewardship
• Work collaboratively with members, volunteers, key stakeholders and community partners
• Lead event communications, media, and networking activities
• Build new opportunities to increase community awareness
• Handle media relations
• Create event, campaign, and collateral materials such as posters and newsletters
• Maintain and update website content
• Manage SJSOWC’s social media channels
• Provide monthly analytics reporting on communications activities
• Contribute to team meetings and the ongoing development of the organization
• Support a healthy and vibrant work environment
• Degree in a related field/equivalent experience will be considered
• Minimum 3 years fundraising experience in the not-for-profit sector
• Experienced in content creation and management for web and social medias
• Excellent oral and written communication abilities
• Strong presentation and networking skills
• Media relations experience is an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as your preferred graphic design software
• Familiarity with fundraising research methods, tools and procedures
• AFP membership an asset
• Ability to work some flexible hours when needed
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Vulnerable Persons check.
Please apply by Wednesday August 30th @ 4pm to:
Executive Director, Jenny Wright firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state: Development and Communications Coordinator in the Subject line of your email.
Please use your cover letter to demonstrate your proven track record of fundraising experience.
The St. John’s Status of Women Council is an inclusive community organization and we encourage trans and Indigenous women, WOC and sex workers to apply.